1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Crystal Arena Idea

Discussion in 'Bugs, Hackers & Feature Requests' started by WolfAngelNiki, Mar 17, 2016.

1. WolfAngelNiki

WolfAngelNiki New Trainy

Summoner Level:
    Leader Monster:
    Arnold
    Guild:
    Lacuna Circle
    Also i was on line with one of my guild guys earlier and he referred to a "Crystal Arena". It sounded cool until i found out that he was talking about regular arena. But doesn't it sound really cool? Crystal Arena...I want this! Who else is with me?

2. Dazerack

Dazerack Junior poster

Summoner Level:
    Leader Monster:
    Zaiross
    Guild:
    Priory of Rose
    How would it be different? What would it's functions be?

3. N1k0s

N1k0s New Trainy

Summoner Level:
    Leader Monster:
    Magic Knight
    Guild:
    Organization17
    Probably this Arena could give Crystals as a reward for every win and give you more and more as your killing spreee gets higher ;)

adventuruskid and WolfAngelNiki like this.
  4. Dazerack

Dazerack Junior poster

Summoner Level:
    Leader Monster:
    Zaiross
    Guild:
    Priory of Rose
    Not in favor then! This would only increase the disparity between the haves and have nots so to speak.... more crystals mean they can do more with the game.... IMO too valuable of a commodity to have dropping more of them.

adventuruskid likes this.
  5. WolfAngelNiki

WolfAngelNiki New Trainy

Summoner Level:
    Leader Monster:
    Arnold
    Guild:
    Lacuna Circle
    No i really like this idea.Isn't it the "have nots" so to speak that have more need of the crystals than the high level snobs who already have nat 5's and 6' monsters Dazerack? FFS i'm a level 40 and the only nat 5's i've managed to get are 2 Ifrits and that's only because they are farmable!

6. Dazerack

Dazerack Junior poster

Summoner Level:
    Leader Monster:
    Zaiross
    Guild:
    Priory of Rose
    Yes it is the "Have Nots" who need it more.... but you are missing my point. Do you see the "Have Nots" pulling consistent G2-G3 in arena? No! You would be lucky to find them in F3-C1. Which feeds to my point, the people who would benefit from that would be the people who CAN beat everyone around consistently and rank G2-G3 week in and week out. You may get 3 crystals for every battle you win and then you climb up to fighter and start getting it handed to you and thus end up with 1 crystal in the loss. Meanwhile those up there in G2-G3 are going to be getting what 7-8 crystals per fight? And have no problem beating up each other but they can farm all the lower ranks by setting a weak defense and collect 4-5 crystals for a fight they win in under 10 seconds? Then, I still say no. Are you going to cap it so that only people under level 30 can participate? Are you going to cap it that you have to be under 1200 rank in arena the previous week to enter? I still think it makes the gap wider not more narrow.

7. WolfAngelNiki

WolfAngelNiki New Trainy

Summoner Level:
    Leader Monster:
    Arnold
    Guild:
    Lacuna Circle
    The point i'm seeing is that your both wrong AND an a**hole. If the lower levels got more crystals they could have more opportunities to get stronger monsters, there-by getting higher arena ranks.

8. Dazerack

Dazerack Junior poster

Summoner Level:
    Leader Monster:
    Zaiross
    Guild:
    Priory of Rose
    I see that you are upset with my response though I am not sure why. To be clear at first I asked you how this idea would work, which you never responded to. Did notice that you liked N1k0s response, which is where I drew my conclusions from and still stand by. I've asked plenty of questions about how this system would work, how would you design it so that the "haves" can't come in here and tear it up and have even more crystals? From N1k0s response, I can only conclude that without some type of limit to the growing rewards system (IE 'more crystals as your killing spree gets higher') it would be the stronger players who have all those nat 5's and 6* you so venomously despise that would benefit because as I said can't they pretty much deal with any team/defense/lineup etc you thowout at them.

IMO it is and this idea would only work if you put limits on who could enter or take some type of hybrid Arena where the difficulty and strength of the monsters gets equally stronger as you advance, get stronger/better monsters, higher ratings etc. Otherwise if its a straight up Area system, then they will benefit most because they are stronger than everyone else. Keep in mind that a good majority of those people are P2P and have spent a good deal of cash getting these amazing monsters.

I'm not trying to be a donkeys rearend here, just stating my opinion, and trying to ask more to generate ideas about how it would work.

9. WolfAngelNiki

WolfAngelNiki New Trainy

Summoner Level:
    Leader Monster:
    Arnold
    Guild:
    Lacuna Circle
    Okay firstly i'm just a level 40 (on 2 accounts) gamer enjoying this game while fighting the frustrations of seeing noob level 20's with nat 5's, i'm not a game developer. I just want better opportunities for people struggling like me, to get stronger monster. You were the one who got pissy because that would be unfair to the players who already have strong monsters. But think about how unfair it is for all those level 40's like me who's lead monster is freakin' Arnold because he's the strongest monster we've been able to get as apposed to people like you who's lead is Zaiross! THAT's why i'm angry at your "opinion"!

10. Dazerack

Dazerack Junior poster

Summoner Level:
    Leader Monster:
    Zaiross
    Guild:
    Priory of Rose
    One of my guild mates has played nearly since the beginning of the game and also has no Nat 5s. But he is as ever bit as strong as I am with my Zaiross. I was somewhere in my 20's when I pulled him. I also have Ariel and Kumar..... 3 nat 5s total. Am I completely free to play? No, I spend a little when I get google play cards as gifts. But I am no where near spending the small fortunes that people do spend to get these wicked accounts. I understand why you are frustrated, lots of people are. Even as strong as I appear to be, I usually can't get out of fighter 3 or conqueror 1 in arena, because my runes are awful. I often tell my friend that he has better luck with runes than I have with pulling 5's. I'm not upset, mad, or even against your idea really if it could be capped and keep out the p2p players of this game. Unless you do that, I think they would get more from it than you would get stronger. I fought a guild battle last night and took Zaiross, Chasun and Bella to an attack and before I got a turn both Zaiross and Chasun were killed.

I know what you are saying is true, but I think you are too hard on yourself in your frustration with the nat 5s. My guild mate often pulls in more stones and guild points each week. Don't compare yourself to all these people (who probably spend 1000s to get the 7253 6* and 234 nat 5s they do have) its just going to make you more frustrated. I see people quit playing all the time because RNG is simply not fair, its random. There was once a school of thought that said start 3 accounts at the same time play each of them until level 25 then play the one that has the nat 5*. I think its been mostly debunked now (bc its thought more now that RNGs are re-seeded at each log in) but that was one idea.

My biggest problem is that from level 1 til about 30 I was mostly just collecting a whos who list of monsters saving up and summoning the 750 crystal summon pack. I've seen a lot of people take out entire 5* teams with 3s & 4s. I'm really just now adding on all the buildings from arena and getting their bonuses and figure I will grow stronger. But I doubt I will ever climb out of Conq 1 or 2 at the most. I used to have this idealistic idea of slowly climbing to the top of this game (before I got out of fighter) then I realized its not possible. I'll never be able to beat those guys monster teams but its more than just the monsters, their runes are Unworldly. For the most part, I accept that. Let them go spend a fortune on this game. Does it make me made when things happen to me like what happened in last nights GB? Yeah it does.

11. WolfAngelNiki

WolfAngelNiki New Trainy

Summoner Level:
    Leader Monster:
    Arnold
    Guild:
    Lacuna Circle
    So then why are you so against the prospect of earning more crystals there-by getting more summoning chances? Like you said, the RNG is frustratingly unfair. Having more chances to summon would increase the possibility of getting better stronger monsters. Hell i'd killl for just a freakin' Beast Monk. Just something to help me get further. In the game. In the the Dungeons, where i need to farm ruins. I can't even get past level 6 for ruins and essences and i've been playing religiously pretty much since the beginning too. So i think i have every right to be pissed that lower newer players get nat 5's that they can't even ruin and i have to farm for nat 5's.

12. Dazerack

Dazerack Junior poster

Summoner Level:
    Leader Monster:
    Zaiross
    Guild:
    Priory of Rose
    I think the only place we differ is that I am afraid that because they are all so much stronger giving them another avenue to earn crystals would provide them with even more than you and I could obtain combined unless there was a limit to them. I think what the game truly needs, is some form of catch up logic.... that would increase your chances of drawing, for example, a 5* monster based on the number of MS scrolls, Summoning Stones, Legendary Scrolls that you use consecutively without drawing a 5* monster. That's never going to happen because it would negate pay for play to some degree making their entire platform less profitable.

On another note, I may be able to help you if you would like me to make some suggestions with your teams PM me with some ideas. Have you ever used the rune optimizer? It's free to use. And Saturday is free rune removal. The first time I did that I got a HUGE boost in power and was able to clime all the way to the top of TOA with less than great runes (I didn't beat the boss sadly).

13. WolfAngelNiki

WolfAngelNiki New Trainy

Summoner Level:
    Leader Monster:
    Arnold
    Guild:
    Lacuna Circle
    lol you mean a not so random Random Number Generator? I suppose it would be nicer if people actually earned their monsters. "catch up" implies we're trying to get to the level of members playing longer and its the newbies i take issue with. They should be the ones catching up to us. I just dont want to still be summoning freakin' fire sylph and sylphids at my level from supposedly "legendary" scrolls. Granted summoning that sylph meant i didn't have to fuse another one for Katerina Fusion but still.

But thanks, i'd appreciate you helping me organise my monsters. Did some googling a while back but given that i dont have many of the suggested monsters i'm still struggling to make "mobs". I think i've figured out the PM function...i think lol still new at forums. though in hindsight i probably should have gotten help years ago :s