1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

[Guide] Necropolis

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by megdorkable, Dec 11, 2015.

1. megdorkable

megdorkable Forum Mom

Summoner Level:
    Leader Monster:
    6* Chow
    Guild:
    True Survivors
    [Version Based On: January 14th, 2015]

Hi all! I wanted to make a breakdown of what I believe to be good monsters and a few strategy tips for the Necropolis dungeon. Feel free to put corrections or suggestions in the comments below! I am always open to new ideas and things I missed!

Runes:
    PREFERABLE: Violent, Revenge

[The boss's shield needs to be taken down, which requires a certain number of attacks. Having violent and revenge will help accomplish this.]
    NOT PREFERABLE: Swift
    [The boss's SPD cap makes having high speed on your monsters not as helpful. While you still need to have some SPD on your monsters, rune sets like Violent and Revenge that give you more turns will give you an advantage over the boss.]

Leader Skills:
    NOT PREFERABLE: SPD

[The boss's SPD cap makes having high speed on your monsters not as helpful. Leader skills such as ATK that can help you kill the boss faster will be more beneficial to your team.]

Buffs/Debuffs:
    [Strategy Tips that result in the buffs/debuffs below:]
    [The boss's ATK increases as time goes on, kill him quickly with high ATK power]
    [While the boss's SPD cap does prevent you from increasing your SPD past a certain amount, you can decrease the boss's SPD in order to get more attacks. You can also use a SPD buff to increase your SPD past the cap.]
    [Keep the boss from healing itself with HP disturb. Again, you want to be able to kill the boss quickly.]
    [Debuffs that help you kill the boss faster and decrease damage it does to you will be helpful.]
    [The boss does not do any debuffs, therefore immunity is not helpful.]
    [Skills that block revives do not work. Preventing skills w/ cooltime does not work.]

• Helpful:
      • Buffs: ATK Power, CRIT Rate, Defense, SPD
      • Debuffs: SPD, HP Disturb, Defense, Glancing Hit, ATK Power, Branding, DOTs
    • Not As Helpful (may still be helpful depending on your situation):
      • Buffs: Immunity
      • Debuffs: Revive Block, Prevent skills w/ cooltime
    [Notes: Review the boss's skills and the strategy tips in order to determine why each of these skills is needed, if you have any questions, comment below.]
    [DOTs and bombs DO NOT decrease the boss's max HP]
    [I have been corrected, SPD buff does let you go over the boss's SPD cap. http://imgur.com/a/huChy ]

Turn Order:
    Multi-Hitters (multiple) --> Debuffer --> High Attack Monster

[Notes: At least one of these monsters will need to have a team heal.]

Multi-Hit Monsters:
    [Notes: DOES NOT include natural 5* monsters.]
    [ALL OF THE MONSTERS DESCRIBED BELOW ARE MULTI HITTERS]
    [You should not limit yourself to the monsters mentioned on this list. This list highlights multi-hitters, but does not spotlight the other elements of your team that you need (i.e. dps and heal), you need these elements on your team and they are not necessarily found here.]

[Guide]_Necropolis_Multi-Hit_Table.PNG

Click to make bigger! Best monster for each buff/debuff --
    [Guide]_Necropolis_BestBuffsDebuffs.PNG

Otherwise look for monsters with heal, the helpful buffs/debuffs, or high attack.
    [Note: You don't want to bring a monster that is so attack strong it could 1 shot your own monsters - since it will likely be stolen at some point.]

Comment below with any ideas, questions, or suggestions!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  2. adventuruskid

adventuruskid Junior poster

Summoner Level:
    Leader Monster:
    Lushen
    Is it me or did you forget bella? (not mean tone) I think majority runes her violent and revenge already so peeps use her
    oh and don't forget dark elven range he's good!

3. megdorkable

megdorkable Forum Mom

Summoner Level:
    Leader Monster:
    6* Chow
    Guild:
    True Survivors
    I did consider Bella, although I ultimately didn't end up adding her because while she is the meta shes not necessarily a "spotlight" for Necro. This spotlight monster list should not necessarily be a limit from what to pick from, but should be a good guideline to fill out the missing pieces from the monsters you have already built.

For example: My team that I am working on is currently Aquilla (leader), Belladeon, Driller, Yen, Lanett
    Which does include Bella and Aquilla who are not on the list. Aquilla, Belladeon, and Driller were monsters that I already had and were planning to build up. Yen and Lanett are the monsters that I chose to build up to finish out my team and get enough multi hits to defeat the boss.

So while Bella is a very good option, I wouldn't necessarily spotlight her just for being meta.

The note at the bottom does mention the dark elven ranger - I was hoping to get some input on the other ones and then add them all together. I am currently missing some other new-ish monsters (such as the OP Light Frankenstein which is even on my team so HOW DID I FORGET) Since the website I use for filtering skills isn't 100% updated.

4. Hummingbird

Hummingbird New Trainy

Nice list! It's very helpful to have this kind of information all in one place. :)

A few thing you might want to add:

* The boss cannot receive any "beneficial effects" (buffs), so you don't need to worry about your buffers being stolen.
    * He also does not apply any debuffs, so you only need immunity / cleanse for the corridor (or just tank through debuffs there).
    * The boss' revive is on a 7-turn cooldown; you have to kill him while on cooldown for him to stay dead. I.E., you have to kill him at least twice. Skills that block revive don't work (they did when the dungeon was first released, but that was a bug that got fixed).
    * Dots and bombs don't decrease his max hp (although they do help kill him fast).
    * As well as attack debuff, glancing debuffs will help reduce the damage you take. Branding debuff, like defense debuff, will increase the damage you do.
    * The heal block skills on the fire/dark harpu and the water/dark magic knights will hit 4 times when facing a single target, so if the shield is almost down, this skill can both break the shield and potentially apply heal block in the same turn.

Monsters you might add:
    * Bounty hunters with chain fire (i.e., water/fire/dark) work well as shield breakers on violent/revenge. Their third skills buff (fire/water) or cleanse (dark).

A couple of small errors I noticed:
    * Silence skill (Iris' 2nd, Bereng's 3rd) is useless (the boss can't be silenced)
    * Cassie's (dark cowgirl's) 3rd is blocked by the boss' shield (although it works on the minibosses on the wind levels)

5. megdorkable

megdorkable Forum Mom

Summoner Level:
    Leader Monster:
    6* Chow
    Guild:
    True Survivors
    Thanks you for the additions! I will update soon!

6. megdorkable

megdorkable Forum Mom

Summoner Level:
    Leader Monster:
    6* Chow
    Guild:
    True Survivors
    UPDATED: Condensed all content. Added new monsters and made suggested revisions based on @Hummingbird 's comment.

7. megdorkable

megdorkable Forum Mom

Summoner Level:
    Leader Monster:
    6* Chow
    Guild:
    True Survivors
    UPDATED with new mons and such.

8. megdorkable

megdorkable Forum Mom

Summoner Level:
    Leader Monster:
    6* Chow
    Guild:
    True Survivors
    UPDATED: New table version! I think it is more helpful than the last version. Let me know what you think.