1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Luer vs. Julien...

Discussion in 'Units & Runes' started by Ryan Frisvold, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Ryan Frisvold

Ryan Frisvold Junior poster

Summoner Level:
    Leader Monster:
    Lushen
    Guild:
    FoEverImmortal
    Hi everyone,

On my account, I have been blesses/cursed with a bagillion phantom thief's (13 to be exact) of the three main elements. I basically rule the fire phantom thief out as just sucking and am trying to decide on Luer or Julien to feed all my phantom thief's to for skill ups. I haven't really worked on either of them yet because I got blessed with three nat 5's in one week that I have been working on for the past three weeks or so. I am about to finish up with my last project and want to do a phantom thief for my next project and need help deciding which of the two to focus and how. Both of them are max 5*'s and need to get the food to 6* them, just need to know who I should prioritize the skill-ups

Currently have have Julien and a stun bot with Despair/Blade(spd/Crate%/Atk%) and Luer I was going to do Violent/Blade (spd/Cdmg%/HP% or Acc%) for the turns to get his third skill to proc more often. I see Julien being great in TOA and guild battles and I feel Luer could be on my Dragons team and possibly used in guild battles attack and defense.

Let me know what you guys think. I appreciate your feedback before I start my phantom thief project.

Thank you,

Ryan

2. Raeia

Raeia Junior poster

Summoner Level:
    Leader Monster:
    Praha
    Guild:
    Isang Nayon
    It is best to keep one of each, in fact Jean (fire Phantom Thief) hits hardest of the three, however if you really just want to keep one... first thing to consider is what you currently lack in your line up. Then next is, what do you envision your team (future and / or current) to be. Lastly, your kind of playstyle (crowd control, nuker, tanker).

In my opinion Julien is the most flexible of the three but if you want to make a nuke team scarier, go with Luer for his AOE def down or with Jean with his high damage ratio and additional choice of nuker.

3. Ryan Frisvold

Ryan Frisvold Junior poster

Summoner Level:
    Leader Monster:
    Lushen
    Guild:
    FoEverImmortal
    I plan to keep at least one of each element. I was just wondering which of these is better to put the skill-ups in. I also have a Galleon that I have not built yet, but would you think he does a better job of nuke support than Luer? If so, maybe Julien would be my first choice. Thank you for the feedback.

4. Raeia

Raeia Junior poster

Summoner Level:
    Leader Monster:
    Praha
    Guild:
    Isang Nayon
    If I remember correctly, Galleon's defense down only targets one enemy if that is so whether you choose Galleon or Luer depends on the team you plan to put them in. If you have AoE attackers, Luer will be the better option, otherwise Galleon.

5. joe08082010

joe08082010 New Trainy

Summoner Level:
    Leader Monster:
    Chiwu
    Guild:
    Higad.PH
    I agree with Raeja, it's best to keep each of the three elements. I have all of them at hand right now and they are all awesome. Jean (Fire) hits the hardest, team it up with a defbreaker and attack increase like Megan or Shannon and he can hit at around 25-45k + damage. Luer (Water) can be a good team for Jean because of his defbreaking all the enemies, very good support monster. Julienne (Wind) is actually my 1st 6* monster. He hits hard given the proper runes, but what I loved about him the most is his Stunning Skill which is very useful.

So bottomline again, keep the three. They can actually be a team. Defbreak by Luer, Attack by Jean (single target) and a finishing kill by Julienne or a stun for all enemies so you can gain another turn again. That's it. Hope this helps.

6. joe08082010

joe08082010 New Trainy

Summoner Level:
    Leader Monster:
    Chiwu
    Guild:
    Higad.PH
    For me galleon is better, decreasing the defense of enemies and at the same time, increasing their attack power. I usually use him for Arena Offense together with Julienne, Chloe, and Chiwu or Akmamir.